Report Abuse

Re: Crazy prices

For starters, go to http://search.ebay.com/timeshare. You'll find a convenient little search box on the left hand side where you can enter the specific week, season, and location you are interested in. I now have two eBay closings in the works. Neither has completed yet, but both sellers (cybernaut303 and endlesshorizon34, who work for the same company, Vacation Innovations) seem very professional and on the level. So far, so good. I'd recommend working with a seller that sells timeshares regularly and has an established process with a timeshare closing company, rather than an individual seller who may not know what they are doing. I backed out of an earlier individual sale when I lost confidence in the ability of the seller to close the deal in a timely fashion. You should also Google "timeshare resale" and take advantage of the new posting email notification service on Redweek. I think you'll find eBay a good place to shop for timeshares. Resist the temptation to jump too soon. I watched many auctions close for resorts I was interested in before bidding, kicking myself for not acting in a few instances, but the experience gave me a good idea of how much I should pay for a particular property. Don't rush and you will be rewarded with a good deal. Also read the feedback on the sellers for auctions you are considering bidding on. Good luck.