Report Abuse

Liability isn't yours...

davidn130 states / asks: >>I am renting my timeshare. How can I purchase liability insurance if my renter hurts themself while at my timeshare.<< ============================================ In 25 years of timeshare ownership, I've honestly never heard of "timeshare owner liability insurance". I'm not suggesting that it doesn't exist and / or that it can't somehow be obtained, but wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just write a complete waiver of liability clause into your rental agreement, which will then bear the renters' acceptance of same, under his / her / their signature(s)? The facility, of course, already has insurance (which you are paying for as an owner, within your annual maintenance fees). Except as relates to the actual rental transaction itself, it's hard to imagine how / why a renter could attempt to hold YOU personally responsible for ANYTHING which occured while they were at your resort. YOU didn't set up the facility and YOU have no individual opportunity or authority to change anything there on your own. That all said, I also certainly acknowledge that in a litigious and "victim mentality" society, someone is always looking to blame someone else for some occurrence or event of their own making, responsibility or accountability.