Report Abuse

The sharks are circling, even as we speak...

[Q=ken1193] [Q=ramonr13] Re: >> Thanks for the info, I am going to Summer bay Resort in Orlando, If i remember back when, I bought for 13 gran, and it was a deed...<< I don't know this resort at all and I don't claim to, but I DO seem to vaguely recall someone on another timeshare site indicating that owners of deeded weeks at Summer Bay could (but didn't necessarily HAVE to) CONVERT their "weeks" ownership to RCI points (for a fee, of course --- of several thousand additional dollars, for something they ALREADY own). So, it could well be at present, that ownerships at Summer Bay currently include BOTH weeks and RCI points ownerships. ============================================= Re: >> she told me not to buy points because she did it and did not work out good for her in Orlando, but she said in Daytona it was okay.<< This is a puzzling statement since location really has very little to do with the value of a RCI POINTS ownership. On the contrary, one of the (alleged) benefits of RCI points ownership is that it is sort of a form of "currency" --- an annual points allocation into your "account", which you can "spend" virtually anywhere within that particular points system, regardless of where or what your home resort is. You have annual points allotted to you to "spend" and you can spend them anywhere there is space available for you to do so, even for less than 7 days. The key, operative phrase with RCI, of course, is "space available"... ============================================= Re: >> I have not seen many weeks during the summer for resale or it might be me not looking deep into this yet.<< I think that once you research more deeply into the resale market, you will likely soon discover that you can find and buy virtually ANY week you want in Orlando --- and probably for just about peanuts. Good luck at the "presentation". You are going to get cajoled, serenaded, lied to, pressured --- maybe even insulted --- in their predatory efforts to get you to buy direct from them while you are there. If you fall into that trap, please don't say later that you weren't warned. Remember, there really are no "victims" --- there are only VOLUNTEERS!