Report Abuse

Re: Rookie going to Orlando

[Q=ramonr13] Thanks guy but you guys are right, I better do some more research, but Me and my wife already are looking on the internet for some resales, so we will not buy their, This point thing is confusing, Let me see if i get the jist of it, If i buy their, I will buy points for x amount of money, and this will guarantee me what? A week their, or in their system? due to availability? Another question Have anyone of you guys been treated badly after you said no to a presentation?[/Q] Ramon: I have never been to (and will never go to) a sales presentation, no matter what "free gifts" or "promotions" they might offer. Unless they are going to reimburse me for my very valuable time, in cash or certified check, at a rate of at least $180.00 per hour, then they have nothing to offer in which I am the least bit interested. I have heard far too many sales presentation horror stories over the past 25 years of my timeshare ownership and I want no part of these deceitful, lying, sales-weasel parasites. I simply have no patience for deceit. The sales weasels will lie and misrepresent facts to you and if you ultimately say "NO", they may then opt to insult you; outright calling you a "mooch" for just "enduring" the presentation for whatever "free gift" they had offered, or wasting their time and denying them the chance to "feed their family", etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. Some people characterize the sales presentation experience as one of "Buy or Cry", but I have not subjected myself to this particular indignity at any time during my 25 years of timeshare ownership, so I can only report on the representations of many others more willing to subject themselves to the "sales presentation experience". Just be ready, the big pitch with all of its assorted half-truths is definitely coming your way... As far as a RCI Points purchase goes, if you buy a "RCI points" week (at this resort or any other, whether resale or developer direct), that week will have an associated, permanent number of annually allocated RCI points. There will also be an "underlying" deeded week and you can use your points to book THAT specific, particular week at THAT particular resort (by reserving the usage a year in advance) if you choose to do so. You can also use those RCI points to book into some other RCI resort instead (if you have enough points and *IF* space is available). As a RCI Points owner, you will of course still pay an annual maintenance fee bill, just like any "weeks" owner. My suggestion is to look to purchase the week that you actually want to use, where you want to use it. If you buy some other week instead in hopes that you can somehow book the week that you REALLY want, you may very well be repeatedly disappointed, as there is no guarantee. You might also consider instead looking for a FIXED, non-points week of your date preference at some non-points resort, thereby absolutely guaranteeing you annual access each and every year with no reservation uncertainties or any advance reservation gymnastics required. Good luck.