Report Abuse

Royal Marketing Group

My experience with listing with any of the multiple marketing companies out there is this: If they charge an upfront fee then you're setting yourself up to be ripped off. I know, I paid "listing fees" to two companies in the past. The first one had my listing for three years and did nothing. It took me two years of hounding them monthly to get a refund. The second company told me that they were different and I could expect some real action. Hah! I got ripped off again! You want to trust the people you talk to, but don't. I think the best shot a person has is to list with Redweek or with the resort they own with to rent their unit out. I've done that and had decent experience. I've also rented my unit out myself and had no trouble except with the resort treating my guests poorly. You just can't win! Your best deal is to trade or bank your time. I've learned that once you own a resort unit and that includes even the The Shearwater, you own it for LIFE! That can be good or bad depending on how you feel about the resorts increasing their maintenance fees almost every year to the point that it almost equals the cost of renting from someone else, which might not be a bad idea. At least you saved your downpayment and the rest of your principle and with a little smart investing you could have the principle and eat it too! Good luck