Report Abuse

I Worked at a Timeshare Scam

After seeing all these posts regarding timeshare resale scams, I realized I need to come clean in a very public way about my brief involvement in the industry. If I had the means to contact each and every one of persons whose money I helped steal, I would do whatever I could to personally pay them back. If you ever dealt with Land Ahoy Properties - specifically, with John Monroe, please contact me. During a month in the summer of 2007, I worked for a company called Land Ahoy Properties. Desperate for gainful summer employment, I reached out to some contacts I had from a previous job and was quickly hired to work the phones for Land Ahoy Properties. The company was ran by a man called Don Crupi (whether or not this is his real name I do not know, but he has used the name when attending school board meetings in his home area - see https://www.ocps.net/sb/SB_Agenda_Archive/2003_02_11.pdf). To this date, I have never met a more hypocritical, lying snake. You couldn't go five minutes without hearing Don Crupi go on and on about Jesus this, Jesus that - all the while making a living profiting from people who were often in very dire circumstances. When I first started, I fully believed that, yes, we did in fact have showrooms, that we did in fact do showcases, and that yes, we did have a phenomenal sell-rate, and moreover, my boss was a solid Christian - how could I not throw myself headfirst into this? Hey, we were in the business of helping people out! I still can't believe how stupid I was. Within two weeks or so it started to sink in: I was working for a scam. Then I started making a few deals...I was able to actually pay may car for the month...I could afford to pay my cell phone bill on time....but I could never shake the fact that what I was doing was reprehensible. However, this never seemed to bother my oh-so-devout boss; he apparently saw nothing wrong with professing to be a righteous, moral man of faith, and having his minions lie to people on the phone, day in, day out. After a few more weeks, I couldn't take it any more, and decided that no amount of money was worth the stain on my soul. Looking back, I feel absolutely horrible about doing what I did; I remember the peoples' names and voices and still cannot shake the guilt I feel. As a man who considers himself to be, in the humblest terms, someone who desires to live a life of righteousness, honesty and integrity through Christ, I am ashamed that I had anything to do with this industry. It preyed upon those who were the most desperate to rid themselves of the financial burden of owning a timeshare, and I am disgusted that I was ever a part of it. To Don Crupi: You are a hypocritical snake. Personally pay back every person you ripped off every last penny and you might avoid an eternity in hell. Oh, and if this posting results in any sort of negative response or action from you, Mr. Crupi, I am more than willing to stand by my words in any fashion. You see, I've got something you've never had and never will have: character. And one last link: a Fictitious Name Filing for a "Triple A Timeshares" owned by the now-defunct Land Ahoy Properties. Note the mailing address. http://fic.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETRPL&name=&docnum=G07022900079&rdocnum=G00007900133