Report Abuse

Re: Special Assesment

I have owned at the Tortuga Club since 1992. I also own a week in The Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. They are owned by Grupo Mayan. I bought in 2005 and my maintenance fee is 797.00/week. They are very well run. My fee has not been raised and they tore down their oldest resort in Acapalco and rebuilt a new one at no cost to owners. They also had one of their resorts damaged in a hurricane that was also rebuilt with no fees to the owners. Also rebuilt one of their golf courses. In addition ,this year ,I got a letter informing me that because of the economy, if I don't use my unit this year, I don't have to pay my maintenance fee. Very impressive. The way they handle their remodeling is when you buy, you agree to pay a double maintence fee every 5 years to redo the unit. I recently was on another timeshare presentaton in Mexico and the rep told me that is BS how they raise their maintenance fees and special assessments. That is where they make their money. I would never buy at Morritts again after seeing what else is out there.