Report Abuse

Re: upgrade/special assessment fee

[Q=robert2223] I am looking at buying a unit in this Resort. How can I verify that this assessment has been paid prior to my Purchase? Is this a good time share to buy into. Any negative comments? thanks,Bob[/Q] Hello, We have owned our timeshare in San Diego for over thirty years. I personally would not suggest buying a timeshare in any foreign country, especially Mexico. You cannot own the land in Mexico,so you are renting the land/timeshare for thirty years. And you are @ the descrition of the country as to how long you can lease the land. Buying a timeshare in the United States gives you a lot more options. You own it for life and can will it to your children etc. I would advise you to do a lot of research before purchasing in Mexico or the United States. And don't ever buy while you are on vacation Also, resaling timeshares is not easy and you will not get your purchase price. Timeshares depreciate in value after purchasing. So, it is usually owned for life. We love our timeshare and have exchanged in California (San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego), The Carribean(Jamaica, Ocho Ricos) Mexico Puerta Varieta, Cabo San Lucas). Do your homework before puchasing and when you do I know you will love every minute of timeshare ownership. Always, Dee Dee