Report Abuse

Re: Update on Lawsuit against RCI

[i][Q=jayjay] I don't have a dog in the RCI lawsuit fight, however I would love to see a federal agency formed to [b]protect consumers from all the lies and scams involved in the timeshare industry from developer sales to upfront fee resale scams to everything in between[/b]. Laws needs to be enacted on a federal scale, not merely a state scale, to protect the consumer.[/i] ============= Aren't there already laws on the books regarding lies and scams (i.e fraud). There are lies and deceit in all types of sales. It just seems that everyone wants to BELIEVE the TS developers and upfront fee companies. How many times do you read about a person paying an upfront fee company to rent/sell their TS. After years of frustration and complaints, they go ahead and send more $$$ to another company because they were told "our compnay is different". Unfortunately if a company asks for hundreds of dollars to list a TS for rental on their web-site, AND the listing is posted, there is no fraud, just an outrageous fee for something that a person could do themselves for a fraction of the cost The companies that take upfront fee money then disappear into cyber-space are indeed crooks and should be prosecuted and laws already exist for this, BUT the problem is tracking down the offending people. Shortly after I bought my first TS, I received a call offering me a lifetime of rental listing for one fee. The "saleswoman" became combative when I ask what her incentive was to rent my unit once I paid the fee. Needless to say I did not take her up on her offer. Maybe I was "blacklisted" because in all these years I've never received another call.