Report Abuse

Re: Giving up your timeshare after it has been paid in full

This is my second attempt with this answer. -- Not to worry! Go to an Attorney who specializes in Bankruptcy Law, as I did. Initial consultations are usually free. Bring a copy of your Credit Report if the TS blurb appears on the credit report. They will tell you that any derogatory TS info can be removed from your CR because the TS comglamorate gets the TS back and can resell it to another perspective buyer. The blurb should never have appeared on your CR in the first place. So sad that you have to give this up because of health reasons. Also sad to say, that your family finds it hard to recognize a gift when they see one. If they don't have to be embroiled in mortgage payoffs, name changes, title transfers and closing costs, possibly, two or three family members of simular age and simular interests can agree to assume the property "As Is" and split the Yearly Maintenance Payoff ($250.00 or more per person is easier to handle --- $25.00 a month), and get to enjoy a week in Mexico or somewhere else around the world together (luxury vacation apartments can run $250.00 a nite, never $250.00 a week). So, they are buying a vacation very cheap. This worked with my family. A family attorney can draw up the "In Trust" paperwork . The family members who agree to assume the annual maintenance payments must understand that this is their annual baby for life or for the life of the property. Good luck and Angel blessings. Smoochez