Report Abuse

Re: Interval International /

I have owned both RCI and II properties. I like II much more. I have traded into Marriott, Hyatt and Dinsey properties. I love that I can search online and grab whatever is available. You can request first or deposit first (there is no deposit fee like RCI). The main factor when using exchange is the rating of the unit you are placing into the program. An unrated resort during low season will never get you a Mariott during high season. I own Equivest points and they are wonderful, I always see the best resorts available. As I said, I have traded into summer 2 bedroom Mariott in Williamsburg, VA; 1 bedroom summer Disney Old Key West; Studio summer Disney Wilderness Lodge; 2 Br spring break Hyatt PR. The best thing about these points is that you only use what is required 1400 point for studio; 1700 points for 1 bedroom; 2100 points 2 bedroom (red time, low season requires lower amount of points). At $0.23 per point (plus $255 membership) my Disney week cost me less than $600 (plus exchange fee) - GREAT TRADE !!!! I also own in St. Augustine (red time), but I never see the top resorts available to me, even though when I search with my Equivest points I get them. So in summary, it's all about the trading power of your resort.