Report Abuse

Re: Exchanges

[Q=kathym344] I just bought a 2 br platinum week here. We bought it thinking that we would only use it for exchange. But I was disappointed when I looked at what is currently available at Interval. Is it advisable to grab what is available or is it better to put in a request for a place you really want to go? How often are your requests granted? And if there is a good chance they aren't - at what point do you cancel it and look for something else? New to this whole thing.[/Q] I also have platinum weeks at MGV and I have never NOT gotten a requested exchange thru Interval, twice in the past 3 years to Hawaii. However, it MAY take a while. Each time I've "relinquish first" my reservation. That will give you up to 3 years for the exchange. Each time I've requested only the 4 Marriott resorts, in the summer (a popular time, but we have kids in school). If I did not get an exchange for the upcoming summer, I simply changed the dates to the following summer, and that's when I got the exchange. (Once to Maui and once to Oahu). You have to be patient and flexible. My hardest exchange was to Aruba during February vacation week. I was never able to obtain an exchange for that week, but when I changed the dates to include summer, I got one. I have yet to try RedWeek for exchanging, but I may try that next time.