Report Abuse

Misinformed about bad experience

I can't believe some of the lies and misinformation that are allowed to be posted on this website. TimeShare Adventures advertising clients have sold and rented thousands of timeshares. This information is posted on the website for anyone to review. It includes the number of offers received, selling or renting prices and the amount of time the timeshare took to sell or rent. These are verifiable facts open to public scrutiny. A few timeshare advertising companies do a great job of bringing people together. Our marketing has generated over $132,000,000 in offers for our advertisers. I don't see many other timeshare resale companies that can prove that. We spend nearly $1,000,000 a year just on advertising and we pay our lawyer to close your sale at no charge (besides recording and transfer fees) to you or your buyer. This saves both parties money and provides an incentive to purchase an advertised property. We have no problem with fair, open discussions about complaints but when participants lie or are just plain wrong about facts we must defend our business. JayJay says "That's the way it is with 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies." Are you kidding me? Open your eyes JayJay. Look around and you might learn something about the industry. It has changed in the last 5 years. Phil12 said "You are stating that you didn't know of this complaint until a week ago. You then state that you made a response to BBB back in Oct 2006 about this case!" We obviously knew of the BBB compliant when it occurred but we we're not aware of this post until September of 2008. Your right Phil12, you we're missing something. Ken1193 said.. I have *NEVER ONCE* ever seen or heard of a confirmed sale of a timeshare by any "upfront fee" company. That's NEVER! Ken I'll show you thousands of timeshares sold by REAL upfront advertising companies. For 25 years in timeshares it doesn't seem like your up to date on what companies are selling the most timeshares. Most FREE advertisng sites are run by realtors so they can find low priced inventory to sell with a large commission. They tell people the market isn't good and that they will have to take a loss then they add $1000-$4000 commission on top. The seller may be happy to have sold but they have usally lost thousands in the process. This has been going on for years. The most troubling comments come from Redweek.com RedWeek Says, "This site is merely a timeshare ad site for owners to sell or rent their timeshare. Owners make up their own ads, Redweek does not. If information is wrong in an ad then it's the owner's fault." This is also our policy which was explaind to Mary Vlahos but she ignored these instructions for whatever reason. Why didn't the moderator bring this up at the beggining of the post? It would of been helpful to the public. RedWeek Also Says, "Why pay an upfront fee to a resale company to list your timeshare in a database that no one will ever see costing you hundreds of dollars up front when you can place an ad on many internet timeshare ad sites for very little cost." Never see? Quantcast measures visitor traffic and says this about TimeShare Adventures.... "This site reaches approximately 43,460 U.S. monthly people. The site caters to a more educated, 50+, somewhat wealthy audience.The typical visitor stays at the Marriott and uses Trip Advisor. " We have hundreds of thank you letters posted on our website just like Redweek does and they clearly show we provide a great service. We have always had respect for RedWeek.com and they're business model. We would not and do not let misinformation or lies become post in our forum even when it pertains to a competitor. Remember to get your facts straight or do some research before stero-typing a business. Thank You For Your Time! Mark Dann President TimeShare Adventures, Inc.