Report Abuse

Morritt's Tortuga timeshare

[Q=billh54] I have posted this as the least expensive Ocean Front time share at Morritts in both TUG and Redweek. I find it interesting/suspicious that others are allegedly selling when I have gotten 1 call in 3 years. I guess I was really naive when I bought this and listened to all the lies of the sales people. Bill Handley[/Q] Bill: I don't claim to know a single thing about your particular timeshare, but I will nonetheless offer the following generic thoughts, applicable anywhere: 1. You might also consider MyResortNetwork.com as an additional advertising site. TUG is very good for knowledgeable, well informed forum discussions (and for low priced last minute rentals), but TUG is not known as a particularly good "selling" site. 2. I wouldn't draw any premature conclusions about what you apparently perceive to be "other sales" at your resort. They could be sales made at FAR below the advertised price, made to a friend or family member --- or they may not really be actual sales at all. Some advertisers will "manufacture" an artificial "market desirability" by taking down an ad which has generatetd little or no interest and falsely indicating it as "sold". Lo and behold, however, some months later the same week shows up for sale again --- by the very same seller! Also, the underlying deeded week matters a LOT, particularly in fixed week ownerships. Many "float" week ownerships also have unacceptable "blackout" periods. Unit size can also be a factor --- studios have very little attraction for most people (and for ALL families). In short summary, there are lots of reasonable explanations and possibilities which might render unfounded any "suspicions" about your not getting much interest. Food for thought... 3. Developer sales people are notorious liars; twisting the truth, misrepresenting facts, painting unrealistically rosy pictures and pie-in-the-sky scenarios, and making assorted false and misleading verbal (...but never written) statements. It has often been said about a developer timeshare salesperson that "If their lips are moving, they are probably lying". Good luck; now is certainly not the best economic climate in which to be selling a Caribbean timeshare. If / when airfares ever begin to come down from the upper stratosphere, buyer reluctance may subside for Hawaii and Caribbean locations.