Report Abuse

Re: Hyatt Time Shares

I posted this to another topic earlier today, but it would seem to be appropriate for this topic too: "I do not know if there is still interest in this topic, but in case there is I will provide some input on our experience. We purchased a 2 bedroom unit at Hyatt Pinon Pointe for week 52 (a Diamond week) in 2006. We had visited Sedona previously and liked the area. Although we had no prior experience with owning a timeshare, and only one prior sales pitch (from Marriott), the Hyatt sales pitch at Sedona seemed fair. The availability of options on how to use points also seemed reasonable: within the Hyatt system, converting Hyatt Gold Passport, or depositing in Interval International. To date, we have been pleased with our Hyatt time share exchange options. So far, we have used some of our points for a Hyatt Sunset Harbor (Key West, FL) vacation in May, 2007, and will be going to the Hyatt Highlands Inn (Carmel, CA) in early December of this year (2008), and back to Sedona in late January, 2009. We also stayed at our home unit in Sedona over the 2007/2008 New Year's week (our home week). In short, we have been able to use the majority of our points for nice stays at some of the Hyatt Vacation Club Properties. We also deposited some points into Interval International, but have not yet been very successful in finding a really good use for them. Since the Interval International points expire at the end of this year, we are hoping to plan something (soon!) for a trip sometime in 2009."