Report Abuse

Re: New Owners

[Q=patg54] [Q=markk105] How is the beach and sailboat rentals going? I am also concerned about the complaints and bug problem. I penciled that they make about a million per unit before advertising and sales. I would like a walk through with an owner before purchasing. No saleman around. I agree no purchases at time of sales pressure..... Any thoughts?[/Q] We just came back from Stormy Point this week. We spent last week there and now they are pressuring you to convert your week to points, which they'll give you an extra week, all just for $3,400 or so. Of course, we were not interested. We asked about the beach and walk access to the Grove Resort below which was to be converted for our use. The story is that because of all the flooding this past year they can't get permission to do it and this is all on hold for now. Also, Festiva owns 88 cottages and Summer Winds, who now maintain the club house, owns 8 cottages and are building more. So now two resorts operate Stormy Point making it very confusing to us. It is a nice place to stay. Just wish we had been wiser and saved our money for pay as we go traveling.[/Q] I am a bit confused also. We got a phone call from a sales person from Stormy Point village to buy a vacation package. When it arrived in the mail, the terms of the deal did not match the phone agreement. WhenI tried to call to make my reservations, the phone number was no longer valid. Nice letterhead....