Report Abuse

Re: Resale companies that charge NO UPFRONT FEES

There is a company [ Paradise Timeshare Resale} up in Lake Tahoe that will list your timeshare and no upfront cost. They list local Lake Tahoe area and small amount of Hawaii. They charge around $2000 for it after sale which is high but they do all the work and know the Tahoe area very well. There will be some complain this high and they would be right but then waste money and time and get nothing done or spend more money using these scam companies. There are owners that do understand selling but most are clueless including me and this can be more costly in the long run and probably get nothing done! Even though I used them and wasted a year of my time it didn't cost me money like a upfront scam company would have! People need to understand that when you look at prices as buyer or seller you need to knock off about $2000 and what is left goes to the seller. Better deals are made with the timeshare owner. We were told by the Paradise resales owner our value was $5000 then next call came from a sales lady saying she would be our agent and not the owner. She wanted to lower our unit to $4500 before listing ever started and this was their game plan rest of the year. They had our unit listed for $4500 and had us drop it to $3000 within seven months. Sales lady called us twice during first three months saying she had a friend that would buy it for $2000 which of coarse was their fee. I would never use a company like this unless the sales price was enough over their fee to make some money back. I asked what happened if I sold it for less than the $2000 and was told I would have to make up the difference to them. What I thought would just be a wasted year became a pain with the calls all the time to lower my price. I finally became so tired of them I had the price moved back to the $5000 point and left it there until contract ran out. We happen to be in Lake Tahoe staying at Harrah's for the weekend that the contract was ending and my wife and I walked over their office. The lady at the front desk treated us like you would expect a scam company to do. We couldn't talk to our agent as she was busy and when we let them know we would not renew for another year the treatment went father down hill. We felt from the first day like we were dealing with a upfront company and not this company that our resort even told us were very good. Anyone paying a company under these terms would be better off giving it away on a bargan basement forum and paying cost would still save money. PHILL12