Report Abuse

A few relevant facts and observations....

[Q=roxannel15] I have points I have to transfer at the end of each year from Wyndham that can only go to RCI. Which sucks completely because I cannot find anything anywhere in the world to stay at through RCI. I find that highly suspect. Don't you??? I want my points back!!! I just looked at all the reservations on Wyndham and found that our 154,000 points we bought originally no longer buys a full week which means we have to buy more! No flippin way! You know, I think I need to become a lobbyist for the people and SHUT down time share companies or join their mafia/government!!! Government racketeering at it's finest! You just gotta love America!!! LOL[/Q] ================================================ That's quite a rant --- somehow even invoking mafia, government and "racketeering" images in the course of merely discussing timeshare use! I offer instead a few relevant facts and objective observations in reply: 1. Even at the most basic Wyndham ownership level (with no VIP status, no Platinum, etc.) you can deposit FSP points each year for credit directly with Wyndham, if you do so prior to the actual "use year". Only by virtue of not having done so and by not having used your points (...and by waiting until the end of the calendar year) have you now lost out on access to those other options, leaving you with depositing the FSP points with RCI as your only remaining choice. Really now --- whose fault is that, exactly? 2. Even though I have no use for RCI, it's nonetheless a gross and unfair exaggeration to state that you "can't find anything anywhere in the world to stay at through RCI". Dozens of people report acquiring exchanges with RCI each and every day on sites like Timeshare Users Group and TS4MS. Perhaps more accurately and correctly stated, you apparently "can't find availability in the places you want to go when you want to go there" which, you surely must admit, is a completely and distinctly different (and far more accurate) statement of the actual facts of the matter. 3. Since Wyndham now OWNS RCI, it makes business sense that Wyndham would favor RCI as an affiliated exchange company. Nonetheless, some Wyndham properties actually have Interval Intl. affiliation and will continue to do so. 4. You don't actually EVER "need to buy more" FSP Points. You can always rent FSP Points from other Wyndham owners for your one time use for about $4.00 per thousand points; such offers are routinely advertised all over the Internet and are perfectly legal. You can even rent FSP points for one time use directly from Wyndham itself for that matter (...but at $8.00 per thousand FSP points, that's no bargain). With all due respect, I strongly suggest that you study up to acquire a much, much better understanding of Wyndham FSP points. 154k FSP points, when deposited with RCI, is actually worth TWO separate high quality 70k RCI weeks ---- with 14k points still left over (although RCI will also charge an exchange fee if / when you accept an exchange). That said, whatever you're looking for as an exchange must first be deposited with RCI by someone else in the first place, in order to become available for "exchange" at all --- either to you or to anyone else. If a particular week is not deposited, then you can't get what simply isn't there. Weeks offered for exchange are first deposited --- they are not created or invented out of thin air. This certainly doesn't mean that NOTHING is available from RCI; it simply means instead that YOUR FIRST CHOICES may not be available --- a very different and far more accurate statement of the facts.