Report Abuse

Anyone Familiar with Timeshares United?

[Q=bruce727] Anyone have an opinion on this company? They contacted me recently by phone about listing my Sheraton Vistana Resort week for sale through them... for a $499 fee, of course. Such phone calls are usually cut short when they use the f word (fee) but this lady was prepared. Having been burned by resale scams before, I'm now a harder sell when they ask for money up front. She proceeded to give me their company background and bio's along with their ongoing effort to help clean up a tarnished industry. They donate 5% of gross profits to charity. The company's founder volunteer coaches a lacrosse team in Tampa, etc... She gave me her phone extension number, their website address (www.timesharesunited.com) and invited me to do some further research on my own. They seem to have nothing to hide. I've found only one negative hit toward them via BBB Orlando, which is surprising for that type of business. But they are relatively new, having started in August, 2005. The caller was careful not to guarantee success with the sale, citing government regulations, but did guarantee my satisfaction with their company, money back. I have visited their web site and find nothing to cause alarm...so far. Anybody been there, done that, got the t-shirt?[/Q] I was contacted by them also. They wanted $2000 to guarentee 3 offfers to rent per year. I am skeptical also Any one have a comment