Report Abuse

Re: Board of Directors

I've heard that Diamond only owns about 5% of the Point at Poipu, but they act like they are the majority owner. Robert Helem is getting mine vote, too. We individual owners need to vote together, or we will all loose. If anyone doesn't understand why you don't want the manager (Diamond International) on the Board of Directors (for Point at Poipu or any other resort), please read "The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism" by John Bogle, former CEO of Vanguard mutual funds. Bogle states that it is like having the fox in the chicken house. We need our Board to quickly and permanently change the by-laws to limit any one entity to no more than one position on the Board. That would keep the manager (Diamond) from ever getting control of our resort. We go every year. This year Feb 7 -14. The Point has an outstanding location and excellent architectural layout. Unfortunately, it is not as nice as when it had Embassy's logo on it. Although there have been recent minor exterior improvements (I suspect for show to help sell timeshares), the buildings are falling into costly repairs from water leakage. Diamond is sucking the life out of it by high pressure selling of virtually worthless points; so you can trade time at one of their lessor quality locations. Just imagine what the place would look like if all that money went into a resort makeover...we'd all owntimeshares worth a whole lot more. Either we all band together and get Diamond under control, or we will be selling our timeshare.