Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=charless345]Maintenance fees have been going up for all timeshares. The resorts that Diamond inherited needed to be upgraded. What is it that you foliks want. Don't you want to see the properties get upgraded? You have the points/properties. Take advantage of them and use them instead of just whining and complaining. DRI is no different from any of the other timeshare companies. The fees for everyone have gone up. [/Q] Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't Diamond Club members charged a MF based on the number of points they own? BUT, don't they own a timeshare backed by a deeded week? If so, then MFs should be based on the TS they own, NOT the number of points they own. I would object to my MFs increasing just so some TS in another part of the country can get be updated. Let the owners of the timeshare to be upgraded pay the costs. Usually HOA control the MFs for their own resort. In the case of DRI, it's a corporate entity controlling the MFs. Owners don't have much say. If owners in the CLUB do not own a deeded week, then it basically becomes a "Vacation CLub" with an annual fee, not truly a MF. In that case, a membership in a "Vacation Club", as with any club membership, should be able terminated at any time.