Report Abuse

Rants

So we were 'owners' of a partial ocean week at Poipu. I guess we were gullible because we went with the conversion for 'only' $3000 with the promise that we were actually getting 2 weeks worth of points, that it would open up all of the Diamond system, and that we were still deeded 'owners'. This sounded a lot like what used to be TrendWest and is now Wyndham, which has always offered excellent service and a lot of flexibility, even for exchanges. We had become very dissatisfied with the escalating maintenance fees in that the grounds and interiors of the units have deteriorated quite a lot since we bought, so what is the money going for? I pay less than $600 per year to Wyndham for the same 10,000 points I pay to Poipu $1400 this year! Why? I am pleased to have found this forum. Even though I may be in a different category now, I welcome comunication about 'my' resort. We love the location and always have a wonderful time once we get there. To tell you the truth, even as 'owners' of this specific week at a specific resort, the service has always been substandard, reservations agents attitudes very unaccomodating. Compared to Wyndham it sucked from the service and availability angles, and we still had difficulty getting access to our deeded week even before all this started. We would love to support alternative representatives on the board who will represent all of us who use this facility. Maintenance fees that high mean it should look like the Hyatt by now. BTW: will we still be paying these high fees even though we are now in a points system? We were stuck with this bill this year (2009) even though we converted and Diamond wouldn't talk to us until we paid up. Thanks to all of you for your posts.