Report Abuse

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

[Q=michaelm381] Anybody know anything about this company based in Houston? They contacted me about my timeshare, said they had a buyer. Once they negotiate the price and settle it with the buyer, they take a "fee" for $1350 (credit card) and then you get your money. [/Q] [Q=michaelm381] What kind of makes me suspicious is the fact that they claimed to be able to take the timeshare off my hands for the price they claimed. I know there are many people trying to sell their timeshare at this same resort and most would take 1/10th of what they paid, yet this company claims they can get me basically what I paid, if not a little more. If there is truly someone that stupid out there who will buy it, okay, but I just don't see it.[/Q] You basically answered your own questions. They take the fee via your credit card and not out of the proceeds of the sales. After they have your $$, the buyer will disappear or there will be a problem with the transaction. The company will claim the $1350 is for advertising, but why do they have to advertise if they already have a buyer. As you all ready discovered, they have a "buyer" who will pay MORE than market value for the TS. Call their bluff and tell them you are interested if you use escrow and a closing company that YOU choose. See how quickly they back off.