Report Abuse

Re: She is doing something about upfront fee scammers ... will you join her?

[Q=rosemaryl25] HAVE ALL OF YOU RAN A FOR SALE OF YOUR TIMESHARE ON REDWEEK ? AND HAS IT WORKED FOR YOU ? ALSO ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU MUST PAY REDWEEK A FEE ? BECAUSE IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT $125.00 TO GO TO THE COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE IN OUR STATE AND SHOULDN'T COST MORE THAN THAT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION ONCE YOU HAVE A BUYER. SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE OF $50 BUCKS AND THEN WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE IF A BUYER IS INTERESTED ? LET ME KNOW. NEW TO THIS ASPECT OF TIMESHARES. I THOUGHT THAT A BUYER COULD JUST CALL YOU WITH AN AD. THANKS SOPHIA[/Q] [b]It's up to the seller and buyer as to how to handle a transaction, but I always used a reputable timeshare closing company to handle all the paperwork, escrow and anything else pertaining to the closing, and yes, I sold several timeshares via Redweek, however that was before postcard companies hit the market with $1 timeshares on Ebay and before the economic collapse. I probably couldn't give my previously owned timeshares away now. I was at the right place at the right time. Postcard companies have completely devaluated timesharing as it was previously known and the economic downturn as well.[/b]