Report Abuse

Scams

[Q=marty8084] [Q=annem56] To all potential renters - be aware that RedWeek does not screen those who advertise properties for rent. As a result, I lost over $1,000 to a scammer who rented me a week at a legitimate resort. Problem was - the 'owner' did not own at the property. RedWeek will not assume any monetary responsibility for the loss. Only now has a warning been posted on the website. It was an expensive lesson - but I will never use RedWeek again - nor will I ever recommend anyone else to use RedWeek.[/Q] Hi Ann Marie, A warning has been on the RedWish page alerting members for the potential of scams for well over a year. We always recommend an escrow company be used in the rental transaction to protect both parties. If one is not used there isn't a lot we can do except warn other members and deactivate the scammer's account with us. Unfortunately, we don't usually hear about the scams until numerous people are hit. Now, more than ever people need to be diligent in protecting the money they are spending. The bad economy usually means more crooks will be out there trying o steal your hard earned money. Thanks, Marty[/Q]