Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

Like so many have reported, these folks are out of touch and there is no way many of us can accept this increase. I checked my documents and there was nothing about a reburshing fee. When I called, I mentioned this and was told, by a rather nasty individual, 'that you have to pay the maintenance fees ,which this is. If you don't ,they will foreclose and it will affect your credit.' After this threat, he told me that the Board approved this years ago and that I was responsible for voting them in. He even suggested that I should have travelled down to Florida and met the board before they were voted in if I questioned their decisions. I have 2 units in the Cascades. The 3 installments total over $1500 each week. I did not receive anything on what this refurbishment would look like. I, too, offered to just give SVO the timeshare back. They've certainly made a ton of money off me already. As stated by others, they refused. I am paying nealy 15% on the loan and have less than 2 yrs left to payoff. I asked if they would refinance given the current rates, etc. Their reply.. no. They did say others have been asking too. I wrote to them and did not receive a reply. So basicaly I am being ignored. Not only is this a bad time for so many, but from what some have stated regarding the changes, it's not worth the price they are demanding. I'll be sending a letter to SVO (again) and the Florida AG. I'd love to be part of a group and bring these folks a reality check. Shirley Cieszka