Report Abuse

Re: Hilton West 57th

Your response is not unanticipated. I do believe that you were told what is represented in your posting. Perhaps you overlooked the actual text of the Second Amendment to the Timeshare Offering Plan. In paragraph 3, it says: "Additionally, there is a complimentary mid-week cleaning for a 7-night Home Week or Home Resort reservation and daily maid service is available for a fee, currently $85 per day." This daily fee of 85 dollars is clearly different than what you have posted. Can you reconcile your posting with the Second Amendment to the HGV Timeshare Plan for West 57th? Unless you have something more authoritative, then I suspect that you will be bound by the 85 dollar per day maid fee. Candidly, if your business has you in NYC less than a week, it will impact you (or anyone who stays for less than a week) more than me as I rarely am in NYC for less than a week. After questioning this charge (the documents were amended after we purchased), I received a letter from HGV General Counsel that includes these statements: "The $85 daily maid service is also an entirely optional feature that is not a requirement of ownership...[T]he operating budget contemplates only a weekly clean." It is quite clear from the Offering Statement and the letter that this is a daily fee. I suspect that your posting reflects what you were told in the course of your investigation, but not what your dicuments provide. And, it is possible that HGV has changed its position, perhaps as a result of our protests and challenge or because of the soft market. We were one of the first purchasers as was a friend of ours who is also protesting this fee. We each purchased multiple weeks for cash, so no, the 85 dollars is not the issue. And , no, we were not told of the "complimentary" breakfast or hors de vours, but we all know that nothing is free. No one has mentioned the free snacks and candidly, there has been plenty of opportunity to do so. Offering "free" snacks is not going to resolve this issue. Our issue is that the maid service is in the budget and described in several places in the prospectus as a common/association expense, not as an owners' extra optional fee. Those provisions were not amended out in the Second Amendment. That is our only issue. Another example of representations by HGV sales persons that were later contradicted by reality is that both my friend and I were told in that this property would be unique in that it would not have a Hilton Hotel operation. It was to be 100% timeshare/interval ownership. The prospectus did not agree with that representation, nor do their actual operations. We are not challenging those representations as the documents support HGV. In short, please be careful when considering what the salesperson tells you. It may not be accurate. Read the documents. We were also told that as penthouse owners, we would not ever have to pay the 85 dollar daily maid fee for any stay. That too appears to not be true. Again, the issue is whether we (and others, including you) have been mislead. Your posting as to what you found in your investigation does not agree with the Second Amendment to the Timeshare Offering Plan provides or what General Counsel for HGV has written about this specific fee. Do you have writings backing up what HGV represented to you? Am I missing an amendment to the offering statement that changes the Second Amendment? Do you not have the Second Amendment to the offering statement? I really appreciate your posting and hope that you can amplify your understanding and the findings of your investigation. Perhaps someone from HGV will post the corporate position, which is not likely since you appear to have been told something that is inconsistent with their Second Amendment to the Offering Statement. Or, we will all know in a few months what the reality is!