Report Abuse

Re: Hacienda del Mar

I am also an owner at Hacienda del Mar, and also have very personal connection to the staff there...my daughter used to work at the Beach Bohio (Jersey girl), until she was layed off due to all the facilities being closed down, and vacationers going elsewhere...The facility is, as some have said, only good now for rest and relaxation...I also think many falsehoods went along with this original purchase...I was even told that you were going to get 5 passport points for every dollar spent...then told later, after purchase, that only applied to Hyatt's regular hotels, not timeshares! We were lucky to see the resort when Cerromar and Dorado Beach were up and at their best...now it is still peaceful and beautiful, but inconvenient for those looking for more amenities such as FOOD, transportation, sundries, etc...I, myself was looking to sell, being as now I have many friends local to stay with, but after reading some of these issues, I have a feeling I am stuck as well...the maintenence fees are totally unacceptable right now! Most of the ads for resales I have read recently, show the Hyatt to have all the old amenities, has anyone tried to sell their property as it is now???