Report Abuse

Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

[Q=judyg162] ... my mom who is 74 gets a demand from vistana for 1800.00 in fountains with 1 month to pay it,then we get one to pay right away ... vistana told us if we do not pay it they will destroy our credit.[/Q] I'm not certain why you had only one month, the special assessments have been discussed and publicised for quite a while, but perhaps this is because other phases were assessed and Fountains notices are the newest. It is possible though a letter from Vistana was not read because it appeared to have boring annual information and thus the one month notice was a suprise. I did notice in my notes that Fountains did not appear to have an announced assessment as of Mar-09 so the one month notice may have been the first info. Any other Fountains owners available to concur there were no other letters where the assessment might have been mentions before the billing notice anf first bill arrived? It sounds like you might be confusing the total assessment with the first of three payments as well. Was the one month notice for $1,800 and the next bill $600? The one month notice should have specified three payment dates.