Report Abuse

traveling by car during christmas break...any tips?

[Q=laurac260] Hi, we are thinking about renting a timeshare during winter break this year. We have two young kids, so doing the 1000+ mile trek straight thru is not an option. Due to the way christmas falls this year, most timeshare weeks either start, or end, on christmas day. Any tips for traveling with two kids in tow on a day (xmas eve and day) where most everything is closed? We are coming from OH, traveling straight town 75 into FL. Thanks in advance Laura C[/Q] [b]Most restuarants are closed on Christmas day and many on Christmas Eve except for [i]"some"[/i] the short order places like Waffle Kings, Waffle Houses etc. Unless you want to pack something to eat on the trip to Florida, you'll have to look very closely for any restaurants that may be open before exiting ..... also some truckstop restaurants may be open. It may be a little crowded on I 75 Christmas Eve, but we've found that Christmas day the traffic is much lighter. BTW, I see that Christmas is on a Fri this year. Have you checked for timeshares that have check-in days for Sat or Sun (the 26th and 27th)? Whatever you decide, have fun on your trip.[/b]