Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

All I can say is I think we are all fighting a loosing battle with the resort. The refurbishment project bills went out in 2007 and its now 2009 and we have not won this fight. All the owners have either paid the fees due to nasty final notices or they have been put into collections. In regards to the type of upgrades I do understand that we may not need granite and plasma TV's but they have to keep up with the other new resorts being built and timeshares sold. Take a look at the Sheraton resales there are a million of them at every cost. I for one just sold one of my Courts for $100 so even if we sell them due to our frustrations another owner buys in so either way they get the refurbishment costs paid so it doesn't matter. At one point I had the Courts bills (start date 2010) and 2 Cascades bills (start date mid 2009) I would not have even had any of these paid before my January regular bills come in and I own 5 units so do the math. They make there money no matter what whether we pay and go or whether we sell and someone else gets in to the resort as new owners. I am not sure if anyone agrees with me but we have to pay these costs or they will take you to collections.I don't think you have any choice in the matter but good luck to all who feel they might. Sheraton has to keep up with the other resorts if you have ever stayed at the Hilton -International you will see what I mean the units are beyond gorgeous and when you read reviews to most people thats important and they love that elegance on a holiday. The Sheraton wants there 5 star rating back and the prior reviews did not give them this so that had to do a complete makeover to get it and we were the ones that are responsible to pay. They did give us prior notice to all the costs in advance which gave the option for us to sell if we were not pleased.. Honestly you can pick up weeks at Sheraton through any website less than your maintence fees so why own 2.. or as long as you own one unit and are a member of RCI or II you can also get units you will not have to own more than 1 at a time.. so sell off your other annual units and just rent its less money and you won't have to pay for the refurbishment costs.. by the time you pay your Mf's-Ref F's and exchange fee you are over what you can rent for or get an extra week with RCI on extra vacations or II Getaways. Good luck to all!