Report Abuse

Re: RCI Class Action Lawsuit

[b]It seems that the trade-out for the expense of defending RCI's class action lawsuit for renting deposited weeks is they have reprogrammed their trade power downward for many resorts/weeks. Many people are complaining about this, however as I mentioned when this lawsuit was first implemented, the winners will be the lawyers involved as RCI barely received a slap on the wrist ..... now many RCI members are paying for that lawsuit with loss of trade power and RCI is still performing rentals so the lawsuit did nothing to halt that. I expect to see a rise in membership fees, exchange fees and guest certificate fees any day now to pay for RCI's defense and the token compensation to RCI members via that lawsuit ..... however token the compensation, we're talking in the millions of dollars total to RCI's millions of members. Many people here and on Tug are educated concerning this lawsuit, but we at Redweek and Tug are merely a drop of sand on the beach compared to the vast RCI memberships that have no idea about this lawsuit, so in the end just as I predicted, the lawyers were the true winners.[/b]