Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

Hi everyone, I was a finalist for the board. The members have all been there for a long time. They interview and select their candidates. They never get a quorum, so they are free to vote however they wish. It would be next to impossible to ever get a quorum. Vistana's records are very inaccurate. I am involved in a lawsuit against the Atrium in St. Maarten for doing the same thing. However there the increase is specified in our contracts. We also have no HOA Board so it is owners against Festiva Resorts. We are in our 3rd year of court battles. The situations are very different and can't be compared. I have found no way to fight them. I made a deal and got one week for my two plus some payments. Florida is pro-business and there is a law which says that the timeshare company cannot take back a week. Hope that this helps. I can highly recommend Orange Lake Country Club for rehabbing at no cost to the owners. Some companies have better management than others, and management companies come and go which makes timeshare ownership difficult. Ann