Report Abuse

TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

[Q=davidm655] I BOUGHT A TIMESHARE IN CANCUN SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I TRIED TO SELL IT FOR ALMOST NOTHING BUT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT. IT IS ALL READY PAID FREE AND CLEAR BUT I HAVE TO PAY $750 EVERY ODD YEAR. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DECIDE NOT TO PAY THE ASSOCIATION DUES. I'VE ALL READY TOLD THE RESORT I NO LONGER WANT THE TIMESHARE BUT THEY SAID THEY WILL TURN ME OVER TO A COLLECTIONS AGENCY IF I DON'T PAY THE DUES. IS THAT TRUE? WILL NOT PAYING MY DUES HURT MY FUTURE CREDIT SCORES?[/Q] [b]Your unit will go into foreclosure and the collection agency will hound you for payment and all this will negatively affect your credit rating. When you signed on that dotted line to buy that timeshare, you also signed to abide by the rules concerning maintenance fees .... a contract is a contract and contracts are legally binding. My advice is to suck it up and either use or trade your timeshare getting some benefit from it instead of throwing money away by paying maintenance fees and not using your ownership.[/b]