Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

We too are trying to fight the decision to go with such an expensive refurbishment with 2 weeks of townhouse to pay for I got hold of minutes of meetings from June 2008 of the board. From what i can gather the discussions have been going on for some time but the costs and contracts were not signed until October last year.Mrs Diane Hodge addressed the board about her positive experience of reburbishment at Lakes but strange that noone with a negative opinion was invited to present to the board. Seems that Mr Lesick & Mr Andrade voted in favour of the refurbishment and Mr Wasserman & Mr Hanousek voted against it so 75 minutes after the meeting began Mr Falatek joins by conference call just to vote the refurbishment through then he left the meeting. We are astounded that these guys are representing us. I'm wondering which planet they are living on where they can spend that amount of money without consulting with any other owners. There is definately something amiss here. We have asked to speak to the association member next thursday evening as we have paid fees but no refurb so received letter to inform us that we cannot use our weeks next year. To be honest will we afford it if we have so much to pay to them when we have flights from UK to pay too. We are paying this money upfront and not when the refurb has to be paid. Anything could happen to that money in the meantime. Also there is 25% contingency $2.5Million mmmmmmmm.Sharon & David