Report Abuse

Re: Surf Rider, Pompano Beach, FL, lunatic staff

[Q=kenw167] Re: "pajamas--" I was wearing perfectly adequate long cotton pants with a drawstring and a t-shirt. Re: Being in the wrong place. Correct. I accidently went through an open door into an area marked employees only. Had the door been closed, I would have seen the sign that was printed on it. Re: Handling it wrong--I apologized repeatedly for being in the employee area and repeatedly explained it was an error. What would you have preferred? Re: Inebriation--the only people who acted drunk and erratic were the facility staff. One of the things they told me that night was that I "was told at check in that the lobby is closed after 8." That was a lie--I was not told that because it was not true. The printed copy of the rules, which I reviewed the next day with the manager, clearly indicate that while 2 of 3 doors to the lobby are locked at 8:30, "the lobby will remain available for guests." She was pretty embarrassed that while I sat in her office discussing the event the maintenance guy saw me there and poked his head in and hollered with his finger in my face, "WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG!" I say again, the place is nice enough if a little on the no frills side but the fact remains the staff were very unprofessional and frankly pretty loony in how they handled this situation.[/Q] [b]The thing that I find most interesting is that all resort lobbies (that I have encountered) have a restroom for their guests to use ..... that's usually the first thing I do before checking in.[/b]