Report Abuse

A "crime" (...still) first requires a law...

[Q=ken1193]The day MAY come when there is protective legislation on this matter, but in an economy where people are continually losing their jobs and their homes, legislation about timeshares (which are a luxury item, no matter how you slice it) is not exactly a legislative priority --- except perhaps to those who have fallen for the "upfront fee" BS and have voluntarily chosen to pay good money to no good or productive end.[/Q] [b]I know there's no legislation or laws now, but that's what I'm trying to get people to do. Everyone should contact legislators and attorney generals with complaints instead of merely griping on an internet forum ..... there's power in numbers and just because someone bought a luxury item, wants to sell it and a bunch of crooks call you with a bunch of lies, that is out and out fraud and they should be investigated and shut down, period. If an upfront fee resale company had scammed me, I would go to the ends of the earth to see that they were put out of business no matter how long it took.[/b]