Report Abuse

Re: Grupo Mayan

My wife and I have owned Mayan Palace for 7 years. We have yet to go to our deeded property(Puerto Panasco). We have been to PV, Acapulco, Mayan Riviera (between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. If I had done my due diligence when we first purchased we would probably not have done so. In retrospect I am glad we did. YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THE SALES PEOPLE. RENTING: pretty much a myth, the rental outfits take your money and put your listing on a web site which is difficult for the average person to find. Selling: is pretty much a wash. There is a company that will guarantee to relieve you of all obligation for a hefty fee of 3,000 dollars. If you plan on using your TS and don't buy the hype you will be happy. If you paid what seems to be the average price (13,000 Usd) and you use it regularly you break even at about 7 years. I base this oppinion on what it cost for a similar property with similar emenities as advertised on the web. My cost for 2weeks at any Mayan Palace is roughly 3000usd for 2. That includes food and air fare. Roughly 750 usd, per week, per person: food,drink,airfare and entertainment. Food and drink are the big variables. That being said I always budget an extra 1000usd for day trips and excursions. From my research on the web I can safely say my cost is half that of anything else I have found. Mayan Palace offers the finest in accomadations and reasonably priced food (if you go off property you can find some real deals on eats and drinks. OH Yeah we always go at High season Jan-March. I challenge anyone to find a place as nice as MP for less than that. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Most convenient properties are PV and Mazatlan. In PV the bus is right outside the front gate, just a short walk. I understand that it is the same at Mazatlan. Alcapulco and Cancun are isolated and it is a very long walk off property to the local bus. Too long a walk for me. Have yet to go to Nuevo Vallarta or Cabo. So any input would be welcome. Hope this helps someone. All I know is 2weeks in paradise for 2 for less than 4 grand is a pretty sweet deal. Hope to meet you soon, I'll be the guy at the pool bar in a panama with a loud shirt and a Mojito in my hand. God Bless get rid of attitudes and have some fun. Life is to short. I know I died twice 2yrs ago undergoing major cancer surgery. I am now cancer free and looking forward to Mazatlan in January.