Report Abuse

You may have to PAY someone to take it...

[Q=caroll93] I am not sure that my timeshare would fall into the category of marketable, but I guess we should try. [/Q] Unfortunately, you have two factors working against you here: 1. There is such an overabundance of timeshares in Orlando / Kissimmee that the supply by far exceeds the demand. This does not help make your timeshare marketable and no charity wants anything to do with a timeshare they cannot quickly turn into a little cash. 2. Celebrity has a truly terrible reputation and many people (and charities) want nothing whatsoever to do with them under any circumstances. Celebrity is currently involved in foreclosure proceedings in Palm Coast, FL, as well as legal actions in Hanalei Bay, HI. There are assorted Internet sites on which Celebrity owners are continually (and justifiably, it would appear) complaining about heavy handed tactics, "stacked" BOD's at resorts, and outrageous mainenenace fees and assessments. Also, Celebrity charges an unusually high $200 transfer fee to record ownership changes. Regrettably, you likely have a very steeply uphill climb ahead of you to even be able to GIVE a Celebrity timeshare away. You may actually even have to go a step further and offer to pay the closing costs and transfer fees yourself in order to find anyone willing to take it. Please don't shoot the messenger --- I'm merely reporting the honest and unvarnished truth of the matter.