Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

[Q=brettw24] So, what is a Timeshare, Hotel, etc supposed to do when their property is worn out and not as nice to stay at as other properties around? I just don't understand all of the BMW (B'ing, Moaning and Whining), the Falls have NOT been refurbed and they are doing it now and thank goodness. It's what has to happen in order to remain in competition. Unfortunately it came at a bad time, just happens. The Springs have had their refurb, so we must all of them that have not been done for the last couple of years. I guess my question to some of you is how are you going to better the situation by not paying the refurb fee? What is it going to get anyone of us that have paid or are paying? Do anyone of you have a better plan in managing a multi-million $ enterprise such as this, if you do I am listening. What will end up happening is that Vistana will lose its trading power and will suffer as the condo's degrade over time (hence some of the specials for Vistana weeks being less than the maintenance fees). As for the one who says the contracts are not signed as of yet, think again, the refurbishments have started and are well underway. My Brother-in-Law was down there end of August and has pictures at least in the Falls where they were already working and finished on some. Everyone is crying poverty, you can see it at the Marriott Resort's, Hilton's, Hyatt's, etc they are all cutting services to keep up. Cut the BMW, pay the fees and get on with life or if you wish give the property back to Starwood and they will get what they want in the end, to build their bigger buildings with more units.[/Q] Do the maths......we are being charged far too much....and not even consulted in advance. I would love to give my property back to Vistana, but they will not accept it. This is not the way to manage a resort on behalf of the owners.