Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

[Q=elizabethl98] The two-story units in the Courts are larger than the other units, I believe, and so are being required to pay a larger fee. I, for one, am happy to pay the refurbishment fee if it means that my unit will again be top of the market in what must be the most competitive timeshare market in the world. With regards to the cost of construction, it might be possible to build new for $200/sf, but don't forget they also have to be furnished. Lastly, it's my understanding that at the conclusion of the Courts' refurb we will be enrolled in the Starpoints (or is it Staroptions? I can never remember which is which). That alone is worth a significant part of the refurb to me. Just my 2c . . . please don't flame me; I don't work for Sheraton/Starwood, and I bought knowing the refurb was coming. My only regret is that I bought week 51 instead of 52. But that was my mistake.[/Q] Actually elizabeth, I received my enrollment stuff for the Falls already. My deadline to decide on enrolling is October 1, 2009, if I decide after this I will have to pay the $500 enrollment fee (which they are very strict on, my brother-in-law missed his date and now they are telling him that if he doesn't buy another timeshare unit he can't get around paying the enrollment fee.