Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

[Q=sharonk221] Brett ref your comments on "not talking to any owners about this refurb, etc) and the overinflated numbers on the refurb itself, etc." The information we got was direct from the Lawyer hired by the board to speak to owners like us. I resent you stating this is misinformation. We won't pay until we get answers from the board. They are the ones voting to spend our money, not Starwood.[/Q] Sharon, sorry to say the board is not the one in power here, Starwood is, if the board puts up a stink the board is changed. Starwood is running this show, you are one owner and again an annoyance (just like I am and the rest of the owners in Sheraton Vistana). Starwood management answers to the shareholders and that is foremost in their thoughts. Whether or not an owner or a minority of owners are unhappy is just NOT important to Starwood. Ericm put it concisely in his post above yours, you have 3 choices. Unfortunately if you choose the last one it will have damage on your credit report, if you choose the middle you are really not getting a return on the money invested (this is the one I chose, I am not happy about it either but I am living with it), the first is really the only way out. Since you are not all that good at paraphrasing my statement about mis-information stands. When you only take part of what someone says and spin it, which you even did above to my statements, that kind of proves it. Refurb is happening whether you want it to or not and the Board has really no say, other than voting to uphold the refurb charges, these were already set by Starwood. The Board may have gotten to choose wall colors and furniture colors, but everything was already setup. Just like building your own house through Ryan Homes or Centex, you have limits on what you can choose.