Report Abuse

check in/security/room size

I have been staying at the PB or the PB Rose every year for about 18 years and I have never had anything stolen. In fact, when one of my sons gave a waiter his Billabong hat as a gift, security stopped the waiter on his way out, and he had to track down my son to confirm it was a gift. That being said, I don't think you can go anywhere without taking precautions. There is a lot of security, though, and they are there to protect their tourists. Though my sons are young adults now, we went there with them as teens often, and I felt safe to let them walk downtown until a reasonable time at night alone. I agree you will probably want a unit that sleeps at least six. The configuration, though, is awkward for parents with 2 teenagers. There is only one bathroom in most of these units, but that is not much of a problem with showers available at the beach. But the two double beds are in the bedroom, and most teens don't want to sleep in the same room as their parents, and most parents don't want to take the sleeper sofa. We usually took the bedroom and gave our teens the sleeper sofa, but because our unit has a large covered porch, one of them slept on a chaise on the porch rather than share a bed with his brother. One year I brought a blowup bed for him. As for the hard sell, that is how they make their living. But a firm no thank you is always honored. At worst they will just keep offering you more freebies if you attend the sales breakfast.