Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

[Q=jeffreyc81] Its the big lye!!!!!!! These units loose there value. Check it out for yourself. When I bought mine I was told what an investment it would be for the future with disney right down the street it could be worth upwards to 40,000.00 in 10 or so years. Well, I'd be lucky to 8,000.00 for the 13,000.00 I paid back in 1990.[/Q] Unfortunately jeffrey, you will not get $8,000 even. The market is NOT there. I've checked with resellers the last couple of weeks. I was given a price of $100.00 from three different entities. The only reason I can think of is that the resellers are buying them back at this rate and turning them over to Starwood for a fee (I would expect). I kind of thought this when I saw other posts who said they were only getting offers of $100 - $200. Now you may be able to get more on a private sale but I would expect not much. Starwood is going to make it extremely difficult to own these older units, I can already see it happening, even though I took issue with a few of you in earlier posts about the refurb fee, I believe now is the time to be getting out. Starwood wants these properties and I believe it is setting up the resale market so that it can get them cheap. These old units are sitting on some prime real estate and Starwood wants it. Even though I said everyone was stuck with the refurb, I did say it was NOT going to lend any value to the unit, except in Starwood's position. Starwood can now rent the units they are buying back, as they are nice, and get a fair rental value for them. I am afraid Susan's post is not so too.