Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

I feel as though I am in the Twilight Zone! I am not sure why no one thinks these units are selling? If you paid your fees to date as required by your contract, then it should sell. These past weeks, I have been calling realtors and searching ebay...all the units are selling; especially floating weeks. I had to call a number of people before I found the type of unit I was looking for and I made a bid immediately since I knew it would be gone. The key is that no one wants to buy a unit hat has a lien against it (except maybe Sheraton or some investor), so if you have paid your fees, you should have no problem selling, even now! If you have not paid and have been in default, then maybe selling back to Sheraton is your best bet, even though you will not get much for your unit (at least you will be rid of the problem and accrue no further debt for 2010 fees). They will, no doubt, turn the unit over to their sales department and resell it for a profit while the rest of us owners have to pay all the defaulted maintenance and assessments. But hey, at least it is not your problem anymore. BTW - in reference to a previous post regarding the new style of the units. The old style was not "Florida" it was "old 80's early 90's". I do not know anyone who lives in Florida and has wicker and tropical colors throughout their homes or vacation house. The new style is clean, up to date and very welcoming. I guess it is a matter of preference, but everyone that I have spoken to who owns or rents at the Vistana Resort has had nothing but wonderful things to say about the units and the new decor.