Report Abuse

Apples, Oranges --- and now kiwis...

[Q=annem296] If the decedent has no probate estate opened in the court but they had a Grantor Trust (Living Trust or any number of similar names) that trust liable for the timeshare fees even if the timeshare is not owned by the trust - true in all states by law. Creditor periods never end unless all "known or reasonable ascertainable creditors" are properly noticed - and this is a biggie most people don't understand. [/Q] I have never once professed (nor do I for one moment profess now) ANY expertise OR position whatsoever on estate or probate matters --- timeshares included. That much clearly stated, I must repeat my earlier observation that the matter of inquiry initially posed by lisam873 on 10/30/09 very clearly and very specifically referenced a "right to use" contract executed in Cancun, Mexico. Accordingly (or so it seems to me) Mexican law (...such as it may be) would prevail in this matter and the subsequent references to deeds, Counties and/or state laws may very well be completely irrelevant to the actual facts and circumstances presented. ...Or am I somehow just missing something here???