Report Abuse

Re: Starwood Vacation Ownership

I think Starwood is miles ahead of the RCI problems. We never got a good trade with them (RCI). I'm sure those that are complaining own a small 1BD in the silver season and will never get a satisfactory compensation. As for us we have used our Starpoints and spent 2 weeks in Europe in hotel rooms, used them to top off our airline milage partners and for hotels on both coasts. We have not paid for a hotel room since we purchased our first Starwood property in 2002. We have also traded with them through RCI and II but not often. We have rented them with great success and used our properties ourselves. We own a 1BD deluxe at Sheraton Desert Oasis and 2BD at Westin Kierland and they are both in Scottsdale, AZ. They are in high demand for spring break and you have to book early. And you can't wait until the last minute to book the end of the year either or you have time leftover. One year we used our 2BD in the shoulder season (gold) and ended up with two weeks worth of time. This is using their StarOption plan. Once you figure it out it is so easy. You can use the options in other resorts and in increments of less than a week. But I'm sure I would be complaining if I owned a small one bedroom in August in AZ. Can we say HOT!!! I say use those options elsewhere and stop whining.