Report Abuse

Re: Current info on walking away from a timeshare

[Q=phill12] One other thought that I have seen work is call your resort. I have seen and heard cases where the owner just tells the resort the problem and lets them know that you are asking for their help in this case. Also at this point there is no other option left to your family! State clearly that you are on the way to possible bankruptcy and this is your last try at getting this timeshare and cost you can no longer pay off your back. When they understand how this is your last call to them and you will be filing they might just decide to take it. If not and you really are hurting maybe you should follow through as you say your credit already shot! Remember the resort couldn't careless about your problems but bottom line is they won't get any more money out of you and the cost to foreclose is high with same result of getting the unit back which you are offering them free. If it is a decent resort then they will out last this down turn and resale this unit again. Good luck! PHILL12[/Q] [b]The problem with this scenario is that the resort may not hold the mortgage on his timeshare .... it's could be another entity altogether, however if the resort does hold the mortgage it's worth a try as Lawrence Welk is a very popular resort, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this to happen.[/b]