Report Abuse

Re: Resorts Condo Management of Florida or Texas

Apparently they are now operating under different company names also in order to further mystify callers. We received a call from a John Redmond at Superior Vacation Marketing with a Virginia phone number 540-322-2175 regarding someone wanting to purchase our timeshare. They referenced our original timeshare purchase that was in Tennessee not the one we currently own which first clued me to something fishy. He said he had a buyer that was wanting to purchase a timeshare for his kids for Christmas (so, of course, this has to be all rush, rush.) He was going to let his buyer know what price we wanted and see if he was still interested and he would call us back that afternoon. He called back within two hours saying the buyer accepted the terms. He indicated he would need $2,050 via a credit card for fees to complete the deal but he doesn't get any commission on it. I tried contacting the Virginia Attorney General, the Virginia office of Consumer Affairs and the BBB in Virginia and couldn't find any information on their company. Their website, WWW.SVRsold.com doesn't actually list an office address for them nor a fax number so again I was skeptical. After several calls from him (at least 8 total) I asked him if he could email a business card or copy of letterhead to me. He said it sounded like there were some trust issues and sounded offended. He also initially misunderstood and thought I wanted a contract sent over and said he couldn't send that paperwork through until the deal had been completed and talked over my conversation while I tried to explain to him I only wanted something showing their address and company information. He agreed to send something but that conversation ended in a huff. Today I received the email with a blank contract and address on a form and the address was for Resorts Condos Management in Texas, so not the same company name at all. After searching for information I found this forum on them and also the BBB of Texas posting on them. When he called back tonight to complete the deal we told him we found all this information and he said if we didn't want to sell the property to let him know right then so we let him know we didn't want to sell the property. He then got belligerent and started with profanities before he hung up. I'm going to follow up with any authorities I can to let them know that this is going on in Virginia too but long story short beware of any company calling and wanting fees up front because they are getting very deceptive now.