Report Abuse

IA Vacations/ American Timeshare Closings

Well the plot thickens. They told me the deed had been registered but they couldn't provide a copy. I got a copy from the county. Turns out the parcel that was in my contract was sold to another person, and the deed I got was for a nonexistent parcel (invalid parcel no.) and it was 1/104th instead of 1/52nd. Meanwhile the closing co (ATC) told me I had to pay the maintenance to them, right now. When I called the resort, I found out that the closing co had not gotten the release (first right of refusal) because they had not sent in any paperwork. Paperwork was submitted thereafter but resort said "it's all messed up". Then IA vacations accused me of making up a parcel no and writing it into the sales agreement. I have an email from them in which they provided the parcel no. (the one that was registered to another buyer). So I don't have a valid deed, and as a result of their incompetence, all the best weeks are already booked for 2010 at the resort. I have some words of advice for anyone contemplating dealing with these people. RUN THE OTHER WAY, AS FAST AS YOU CAN